- On 4 January 2016
Last friday 4th of December there was another tabletop game testing night at Indietopia. More than 20 people showed up for this 10th time the event was organized. A nice turnup and once again the atmosphere was relax and positive this evening.
There were multiple students Game Design from the Hanze Applied University that brought their game concepts. Liam and others presented an exploration game in which players are witches competing for a magic ingredient for their potion.
- In a game by Fimme and others two players battled for control of 3 towers (of cards). Players continuously have to choose between acquiring victory points or strengthen their position.
- Merijn and Wessel brought their fast playing cardgame ‘Sloppy Joe’ again and experimented with several small changes.
- Eelco put his trading game ‘Hypergate: the Senate Edition’ up for the test. This time with some changes in the economy and starting positions of the players.
- ‘Beast Tamers’, a coöperative game by Daan was tested a few times. This time the players had to restrain a new big magical monster.
- Raed and Jaap presented a new version of of their game ‘Parcheesi in Space’ where you have to fly around to gather points (or harass your opponents).
- Finally, Arjan brought a rough early prototype of a bidding game in which players have to balance between gaining victory point and strengthen their position in future turns.
This was the last testing evening of 2015. And in 2016 we will continue with organizing these cool events. The next session is on friday 8th of january. See you then?